Sunday, December 19, 2004

Happy Holidays.

FUCK THAT.

Merry Christmas!

Perhaps it's premature, but Merry Christmas, everyone! I say happy holidays to people generally speaking when it's on the phone at work, or at a store where you never know someone's denomination, but sometimes, i just get tired of being so damned PC about it all the time. I'm not quite as extremist as South Park's Mr. Garrison's "Hey there Mr. Muslim, Merry Fucking Christmas!" but sometimes i do feel like, "Godammit! I celebrate Christmas! I can wish someone a Merry Fucking Christmas if i want to!"

And i'm celebratin'. I had a wonderful birthday party last Sunday night, and we listened to Christmas music, and congregated around our beautiful Christmas tree, and we chatted. It was great. Since then, the week from heck (it wasn't quite as bad as hell) happened, and the weekend has been rushed, but i've been having a grand old time making Christmas candies and carrying on a tradition.

So to all y'all for whom Christmas is only a source of stress, find it in your heart to understand why i, who is stressed out more than usual this time of year, find so much joy and peace in this holiday season. I'm giving gifts out of my heart, and giving what i can give. I'm revelling in the traditions of listening to moving, generations-old music, partaking of the strange tradition of sitting around a dead, decorated tree, and eating enough sugar to kill a small mouse in most lab tests. This is my favorite time of year, and i'm not letting the rest of the world tell me that there's something wrong with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YA Lindz! :) I love it when your posts are a little fiesty. I am totally with you when it comes to telling people MERRY CHRISTMAS. I do want to be respectful of other's religions, beliefs, spirituatilty, etc. but there comes a time when you think...hey what about what I think? I am starting to get annoyed with saying "Happy Holidays", "Have a great Holiday", "Enjoy the Season". To all those out there that love those sayings that is great but I say YIPPEE to anyone who actually says "Merry Christmas". :)

Lee :)