Monday, May 05, 2008

I love it when the universe sends obvious signs.

I have been considering new glasses frames, as you might know, potentially (*gasp*) bifocals since my eye doctor had warned me that I won't be able to get away with over-the-counter reading glasses forever due to the extremity of the stigmatism in my right eye.

That all, however, would require calling the eye doctor and setting up an eye exam to begin with, which I have been putting off a bit, because new glasses are expensive. Today, I went to put on the reading glasses I keep at work, and they snapped in half.

I now have an eye exam tomorrow at 2:00.

5 comments:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

I just got new glasses a couple weeks ago. I's a gots 'em funkay. Why not give something out of the ordinary a whirl?

Lyrica said...

Hey! I'm about to get glasses, too! Or perhaps just lenses. I don't know that both are an option right now, and it might be nice to be able to see frisbees when then come at me quickly. This must be glasses month.

The Attleboro Post said...

holy crap! lots of people getting new glasses right now! i actually ended up getting two new pair -- one for distance, and one for reading. my reading prescription has changed drastically enough to warrant getting glasses that are not from the whole foods reading glasses shelf area. my stigmatisms are too much. lenses, eh? best of luck to you -- they scare the shit out of me! but they'd be much better for frisbee.

Anonymous said...

Me too me too!
My eye exam got postponed into next week, but my goal is to get new contact lenses, for the first time in eons. I FINALLY ran out of my old supply. My prescription hasn't changed too much since then, but my right eye got a bit worse, and the slight astigmatism in my left eye does put a kink in things (I'm glad it's so slight!) I wish I could justify getting new glasses too, but these are less than a year old, despite the scratches and the chip missing from the top...

Optical love from sunny AZ to you all :)

Andrew Clarke said...

Lindsay, if you love to read may I suggest one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" by Andrew Clarke. For a free preview, there are sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au If you enjoy Terry Pratchett, fantasy may appeal to you. "Outcasts Of Skagaray" also has elements of suspense, spiritual themes and serious comment on humanity. I would value your opinion if you ever wanted to comment.