Tuesday, April 09, 2013

A humble request

Somewhat to my surprise, my blog is getting real traffic for the first time in years. This tells me that there are a lot of people out there having a tough time breastfeeding and are looking for leads.

I am making it a mini life mission to spread the word about tongue tie and lip tie because it had such an impact on me and my child.  I don't think that anyone who hasn't attempted to nurse can begin to appreciate the emotional and physical agony that accompany ties for both mom and baby.  The first six months of my baby's life were my hardest, and not just for the usual reasons that infants complicate life.  And all it took to turn it around was a 3 minute laser surgery.  I want my experience to benefit others.

So.  If it turns out your little one has it, and fixing it helps, please tell others about your experience.  For me, it took some time to heal from the emotional roller-coaster before I was ready to spread the word.  I fully appreciate that will be the case for a lot of you.  But please, do it.  Your story just might make someone else's life easier.  Knowledge alone cannot fix everything, but it's a start. 

No comments: