Thursday, April 28, 2005

I Heart Huckabees

It's been a funny week -- somehow the threat of me leaving has worn off and people are dumping things on my lap again as if i might be able to fix them in the next 18 hours. I did some fixing, nothing that i'm proud of, but some solid jerry-riggin' 'til it breaks worser and someone gets the job done again (hopefully right next time).

Tomorrow is my last day. I secretly hope for a party, but i'm not expecting it. I'll be going out with all of them next Thursday for drinks and Mexican (the only day that worked for everyone happened to be Cinquo de Mayo), so that should be a blast. I'm looking forward to it. I love hanging out with Global Protection.

It's also been funny and rewarding telling my customers. I have a couple left to call still, but everyone i've talked with has been very congratulatory. I've told them that i'm pursuing the ultimate career goal of becoming an educator, which is certainly true, and they're all happy for me, and said to see me go. I have a couple addresses i'll be keeping for Christmas cards and stuff.

I'm gonna miss that place. I'm gonna miss those people. I'm gonna miss that industry. But i'm really looking forward to meeting new people. I'm really looking forward to working with PC's instead of Macs. I'm really looking foward to having a fax machine that isn't necessarily the primary photocopy machine for the entire company. I'm looking foward to working in the Prudential Center instead of Marine Industrial Park. I'm looking foward to learning the inner workings of the school loans, and i'm looking foward to working with the people i interviewed with. They were all good people.

All in all, i think i'm ending and beginning on the right feet. It feels good to be able to say that.

No comments: