Monday, April 18, 2005

Well, things are kinda funny around the office these days. In some ways it's nice because Davin will meet with me at the drop of a hat to get my inventory project completed, and people are taking the time to "hang out" or chat with me a little more before i leave. It's been pretty relaxing, actually, and i've been thinking that this is going to be the best two weeks i've had there.

Making things odd are that Steve gave his notice the day after i did. Now, many of you may or may not remember, but he's what i'd consider one of my closest friends at Global Protection, and i've been wondering how we'd be able to maintain a friendship, realistically, when i leave, given the age and general culture difference. That sort of thing clearly doesn't bother me, but it makes things harder when someone isn't already a part of your life outside of work. It's been a huge conscious effort to hang out with Denisse more often, and i'm really glad we've made that effort. You get so used to seeing people at work. But it's been hard, and Denisse and i are essentially the same age. Steve, on the other hand, wife and child.

But on a less me-oriented scale, this makes things really hard for Global Protection. I mean, OK, so i haven't been there for 9 years like Steve has, but it will still be very hard for them to adjust to me just not being there. Davin practically died when he really read the list of my daily stuff for the first time, let alone the list of what i cover for when people are out. But Steve has been there for 9 years.

No comments: