Tuesday, September 13, 2005

SINCERELY GOOD NEWS!

in news in my life, i don't think i'll be taking the classes at tufts this fall after all -- the only one that matched my schedule was way too legal... and it turns out i'm not into learning about it. however.... i have seriously been considering going through the formal training to become a yoga instuctor,, but have been too sheepish to really tell anyone that it's been a serious consideration of mine, because it's the kind of thing where you're really not sure what kind of a reaction you're going to get. especially from your teacher, whose class you missed all summer long. but really, i just want to drop everything and do yoga all the time. (a feeling i haven't had since being a barrista and wanting to drop everything and do coffee all the time. i still could, but it's nice to have ANOTHER thing i like to do that much.)

well, yesterday i FINALLY made it to my class after having missed it for several weeks. on my way there, i bumped into my instructor, and we walked together. she asked me how my summer has been, and i let her know that it's been ok, but that the job i don't really like has been making my outside life harder because of being hard to get away from. she looked at me and said out of the blue, "you should become a yoga instructor. i'm serious. you'd be good at it, and i think you're really cut out for it." Whoa! it made my day. heck, it made my week. i have been glowing ever since. it's nice to be sincerely excited about something. furthermore, it's really one of the highest forms of a compliment one can get -- hearing from your mentor of a sort that you should consider taking the mentor path yourself because s/he thinks you'd be really cut out for it. and having it come unsolicited! for something i REALLY enjoy, something that REALLY makes me happy, centered, balanced, and something i can do for hours without noticing the time going by. that sounds like happiness to me. i can't tell you how thrilled i was when she told me that out of the blue.

i have been feeling more in touch with myself in general. though i haven't made it to many classes, i've been doing a lot of yoga at home, and everywhere i can. i've been eating better and doing hippie things like giving myself honey facials. i honestly notice the difference in how my body feels when i eat wheat or sugar versus when i stick to my no wheat-no sugar regiment. i feel more present. it's a nice feeling. so, i think i might pursue this one. and this time, i don't think it's just a twenty-something fluke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, she dumps HONEY on her head. Then, she doesn't let me kiss her cheek. Like I'll get hungry and eat her facial! I don't even really LIKE honey! Well, I mean, I do, of course. But not enough to eat it straight. I need to have it WITH somethings. Like my lady friend. Oh, I see. Good point Spokeschicken, good point.

Anonymous said...

Yoga Yoga Yoga

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

hey, i think we all have those ambitions that are embarassing to tell our friends :) {does acting sound familiar to you at all?} seriously, it happens. i'm i'm so glad that you're finding somethign that's not corporate that you can do to be happy.

and as much as i disagree with not eating sugar or wheat in general (i would not be here if it were not for either or both of those substances), i commend you for following a diet that makes you feel good.

now pass me that mocha iced latte and the bulgarian chocolate. mmmm...breakfast....