Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm a Grown-Up Now

Yes, i finally passed the final stages of becoming a grown-up -- realizing that you're 6 years past the recommended age to have your cholesteral checked, and realizing that it's important because, even though you have a good diet and exercise, you have a bad family history of high cholesteral on both sides. While i was at it, i had my yearly PAP, checked my thyroid, got a food allergy blood test, got my blood sugar checked, and had a full physical. I was there for a while. I was planning on simply showing up to work late, but i think by the time i get there, i'll have to have used a half day, because i'm not staying late enough to make up the difference.

In other grown-up news, i am playing phone-tag with a couple of potential yoga positions and one part time receptionist position at a yoga/ayurveda/accupuncturist place. That could potentially work out very well. I'm just trying to keep the doors open. I do my last 9 days at Kripalu starting on Friday, after all.

2 comments:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

you're supposed to have cholestorol checked at 20?

uh oh.

The Attleboro Post said...

as recommended by some center for heart disease control, yeah. scarey, eh?