Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday in the Berkshires

kripalu is going incredibly well again already. when i landed here yesterday afternoon, i had some loose ends to tie up from work, and once i did so, i washed my hands of it and went to a wonderful afternoon yoga class that ended in an extended half hour meditation. then, i was HERE. and now, of course, i'm confronting all sorts of fears around life transition. i can't stay at the job i have now -- it takes me too long to get there for me to consider being able to simply add some evening yoga classes to it. i'm open to part time work in addition to the classes... but my head is swimming in the void of opportunity and trying not to miss open doors... oy.

spring is in full bloom here. i actually went outside and stuck my feet in the lake and waded in up to my thighs! it was so much fun! what a neat thing to be able to watch the seasons out here in western mass again. one of my yogatribe members took a picture. i'll have to get a copy of it, because it's me in a nutshell -- i was wearing a sweatshirt, vest, hat, scarf, mittens, and had my yoga pants rolled all the way up my legs, wading around in the water up to my thighs. it was honestly as warm as it ever gets at sennebec lake in union! i'm disappointed that i didn't bother to bring my bikini! however, i have underpants and a sportsbra, so i might end up swimming anyway.

it's also simply delicious to watch the sun move across the sky and hills. hard to get that in boston. well, i should get up to the dining hall so i can grab dinner before it's too late.

1 comment:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

ha- i wish i saw that!

you could knit a bikini...