Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lindsay B. LeClair, CYT

i have initials after my name now! They stand for Certified Yoga Teacher! Woot! Things are going great. Yesterday i spoke with my boss and let him know that i'm in the process of getting my own practice going, whatever that means. I am sure it means that i'll be teaching around at multiple places. He was very supportive, and understood that i can't do two things at the same time. He also was accommodating and is going to let me call out the timeline for him so i can let him know when he should start looking for another admin to replace me. I am hoping to train whoever it is, so he's going to attempt to work it out with HR to have me come in even after I have cut the ropes on a part time basis to continue training.

I've already been in contact with the manager of Boston Properties, the person who manages the Prudential Tower, to do free yoga in the courtyard at the Pru and take donations to give to the Greater Boston Food Bank. That way, i get free publicity, and i am also doing something nice for the community. I'm going to continue similar efforts around the area, but eventually, donations will be for me. Then i'll build a client base (hopefully) to bring with me to actual indoor locations. I'm going to be working on a website, business cards, and flyers, and get my name out there. I'm doing this.

is it too fast? i don't think so. i have had all sorts of signs over the past few weeks indicating that i needed to get over this fear of the gap and just take the leap over it. it will be bumpy for a while, but as my fortune cookie told me after daN and i celebrated with a mini graduation dinner on sunday afternoon, "Now is the time to start something new."

No comments: