Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Fourth of July and Self Employment

Just a quick note: Happy Fourth of July! While Jon, Judy, and Kal-El are watching fireworks, i sit at home, hot here, having showered, not, in fact, covered in sweat anymore, and NOT, most importantly NOT being hearded off the Esplanade like Jews into Auchwitz. At least, that's what i recall about last year. I had a wonderful time right up to trying to go home. So, this year, daN and i went and hung out for a few hours, and then we left around 8 or so when things were starting to gear up. I was going to try to hook up with other friends, but none are around at the moment, and i was just as happy to shower and sit around because i'm so beat.

Why am i so beat? Well, it turns out that i'm a mean boss! Yesterday i think i got heatstroke while i was postering in Central, Harvard, and Davis Squares. I was going to hand out flyers while on the Esplanade today, but i just couldn't do it. So, i placed the little quarter pagers strategically on the T instead. And, actually, a lady sitting down near where i was putting them up asked me if she could have one! I was very excited. I also saw that a couple of my tags were taken off flyers hanging in Davis, so that also gave me hope. Today i also found out that people work at the Improper Bostonian on the Fourth of July -- i placed a small line ad with them that will appear in the classifieds of the Boston's Best issue -- the biggest and most widely read. I also am seeing about getting the classes listed in the Body/Mind section of the Improper Bostonian. So i've been busy. I gave myself most of today and tonight off, though. But tomorrow, it's back to work. Whew!

I'm looking forward to this weekend -- one of my friends is getting married! So i'll be going to her wedding in Westchester, PA, flying in on Friday morning to spend the day helping out and hanging out, and then all day doing fun wedding things, and then on Saturday night late after the reception, i'll be going with another friend to see yet more friends! THEN, i fly back into Boston on Monday morning and prepare for my first class at Old South Church. Wee!

Lots of exciting things going on. But for now, i think i'm going to get ready for bed and then read my book for a while.

1 comment:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

small, regularly spaced polka dots? dude, you crack me up :)

how was the wedding?

-melissa