Sunday, March 11, 2007

Holla back, youngin'!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Q!

I am fully initiated in the ways of seedy karaoke bars now. Well, i suppose not fully. The song i put myself in for was already done by some other chicks there, but i totally know what i want to sing next time i go. Patty, whenever you make it up here next, we're TOTALLY going there -- turns out Courtside Karaoke at the intersections of Fourth and Cambridge in the neighborhood in which i used to reside is a class act full of the best of the spirit of karaoke. So much fun.

Q, your rendition of "Sweet Child of Mine" done me proud.

Note to readers: i didn't end up getting a tattoo yesterday. One of the artists (ironically, the one i couldn't stand, it turns out) told me that the spot i wanted my tattoos never hold ink terribly well, and it tends to bleed over time. So, i didn't end up getting one yesterday. It took me forever to decide about where i'd wanted it, so i wasn't about to jump into where else. Besides -- by the time Q's tattoo was done, we were running short on time anyhow, since we had to get to Boston Beer Works on time.

I love good beer. One of the Beer Works' specialities this month is this fantastic Irish Cream Stout in honor of St. Patty's day. Mmmmmm. I had a tall one and then finished someone's second. I don't usually drink that much beer in one place, but it was worth it.

I also got to hang out with Q's younger sister Heather and her best friend Sara Lee, whom i recall liking quite a bit in high school. Tons of fun, in this wonderful backwoods Mainer kind of way. (Heather's reaction to the turnstiles for exiting the subway station was precious.)

Well, i guess i should do something productive now. Or something.