Saturday, March 10, 2007

Systems Recovery

excerpts from an email to Lee:

"life has been full of its usual fullness and wonder. ron and carol watier were down this week (which is why i didn't get back to you earlier) for a storytelling gig that daN got for ron at the sage school. they took us out for dinner both nights -- the first night was texmex and the other night was french-cambodian (REALLY amazing), and it was, overall, just a lot of fun to see them. i enjoy spending time with them...

"teaching yoga is picking up some more again, which is amusing. more studios are calling and requesting me, of course, for times that i am unable to do it. probably at the end of the summer, i'll take a break from teaching so that i can take french classes again. i miss that. and painting classes. i've been getting back in touch with my creative side (although, it almost feels like my creative side is getting back in touch with me) and i find myself wanting to take more time to hone my skills, but i don't have the time for it. it has to come from somewhere, and i am not about to quit this wonderful job i have...

"in may i'm going to denver to have a reunion with my college roommates. YAY! should be fun. little trips that aren't expensive, but get me out of the area. i definitely have the travel bug. i do want to go somewhere completely different and exciting [that in no way resembles where i am right now], but i can't do europe until next year if we're buying a place this year. just can't afford it. HOWEVER, i might want to go to quebec city in the fall, since i've never been there, and we could just drive there. i have to admit -- it's really nice to have a job that pays enough for me to do these things while i'm young and have no children."

All in all, things are good, as usual. My hands are freezing though, so I'll want to shower soon. And since i'm getting a tattoo today, the sooner i'm emotionally prepared, the better. I have been planning on getting apple blossoms on my foot, and i'll see what the artist comes up with, but i'm not sure i'm feeling it right now. I know, though, that i want a dragonfly on the inside of my left ankle and a ladybug on the inside of my right ankle, so maybe i'll do that today instead. Then, of course, Q will be getting hers, too, and we're all going to celebrate her birthday.

I'm off to do great things! Like showering.

No comments: