Sunday, May 13, 2007

Inspired.

For those of you who knew me when i was much younger, you may be surprised to hear that i had more or less given up art altogether for about ten years...that is, until last Monday morning. So inspired was i by the Somerville Open Studios last weekend that i picked up a pad of drawing paper, hauled out the pastels that haven't been used for, yes, ten years, and decided to give it a go. In fact, i was SO excited that i woke up at three in the morning on Monday too brimming with creativity to sleep, and around five a.m. decided to get up and set up a still life. I drew a lovely arrangement of a pair, an orange, and a teapot before doing yoga and getting ready for work.

Today, also brimming with creativity, i went to the Arnold Arboretum for Lilac Sunday. I plopped myself on the grass in front of two rather fetching lilac bushes and started in with the pastels. I don't really know what i'm doing when i start, i just sort of grab a color and go, and it's so freeing! I just kept adding layers until it felt right. I'm so happy! I want to do oils as well :)

In other news, Kal-El graduates this weekend. It's been great seeing the Bogs in their preparations, as we go for walks after big meals. It's so good to see Kal again, too! It definitely doesn't feel like it's been four months. I suppose that's growing up for ya.

1 comment:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

right- you'll be in CO. have fun, darlin'- draw a bunch at the airport. it will help bide the time :)

I MISS YOU! we should catch up soon...

don't worry. i'll take care of dan. maybe take him for a couple walks or something.