Sunday, May 06, 2007

Somerville Open Studios Part II

YAY! I Love SOS! It's great! Yesterday I didn't get to spend as much time as i would have liked strolling about the neighborhood looking at art, but i will get to do more of that today! It's so much fun getting to see all these little inspirations around here, artists opening up their homes and studios to let us in and see all the wonderful treasures that they create. There are, of course, some duds, but everyone is delightful and grateful that we are showing up at all. I have also been given the opportunity to ask about some oil painting technique, which is fantastic, since i have been wanting to paint again. I am similarly getting reinvigorated around pastels. Landscapes are making me happy, as are still lifes with fruit and glass objects...moreover, i am a sucker for color. daN has bumped into some former after school students of his, and that has been pleasant as well. I am just loving this. If seeing art makes you happy, i highly recommend that you check out whatever open studio events you might have going on in your area whenever it next happens. Seems to be a spring and fall thing.

On a side note, last night in honor of Cinco de Mayo, daN and i met up with Q, Yaz, and Troy for Mexican food at the Border Cafe in Harvard Square (which might actually trump Margarita's as my favorite Mexican food place, for hot plates of food -- Anna's Taqueria still trumps for burritos). We waited for about an hour, but that was alright. They were passing around the chips and salsa for free, and i had my margarita. The good was worth the wait, and i generally had a lovely time. It was a beautiful night, so we had a nice time walking home after dinner. I fell asleep as soon as i got home. It was a full day :)

No comments: