Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer, FINALLY!

Can I tell you how happy I am that the sun is finally shining? I was getting seriously depressed there. I'm starting to suspect that I have a slight case of Seasonal Affective Disorder, since when the sun disappears for a long time, it has serious consequences for my mood, my willingness to do things, my ability to handle human noise, etc. The sun came out and everything changed. Whew! Maybe I'll take some B vitamins.

As usual, the summer season is going by quickly. It's been nice not to have classes (I won't take another class for school until the fall) and I am glad that I'm doing well in the classes and that they are serving me well. The literacy class changed the way I think about teaching math, and I wasn't expecting that. Northeastern has a really good program.

Dan and I have been in and out of Maine a bit, always with a mission, and it's sort of nice to bum around in Boston. But I will tell you, I'm getting tired of living in the city. Not sure what there is to do about that at the moment, since we're so well settled here and life is good. However, I'm feeling the "get me out of the city!" pangs now and again. We'll see. For now, we have a great apartment and we love living in JP -- especially across from the Forest Hills Cemetery -- and we're not planning anything yet.

I've been playing a LOT of Plants vs. Zombies. It's a great game. Download it now.

At any rate, now that the weather is nice, I'm thinking of taking a couple of beach days here and there, assuming that it warms up enough to justify putting on a bathing suit. YAY heat! There is nothing quite so relaxing to me as hanging out in the sun.

No comments: