Thursday, January 29, 2004

Terry Pratchett from The Hogfather:

HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.


Getting to know me, getting to know all about me...

> 1. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Lindsay Beth LeClair
>
> 2. WHAT COLOR PANTS ARE YOU
> WEARING? um, light blue flannel pj's with snowmen on them. they're my
snowman pants!
>
> 3. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT
> NOW? "Vespertine" by Bjork :) it's a wonderful Hidden Place.
>
> 4. WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR
> PHONE NUMBER? 8183
>
> 5. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
> some of my impromptu homemade spaghetti sauce. Despite the burned sundried
tomatoes, it came out well.
>
> 6. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR
> WOULD YOU BE? Oh, definitely blue.
>
> 7. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE
> PHONE? ...Patty Miller - the best college roommate.
>
> 8. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT
> THE OPPOSITE SEX? Not looking like everyone else.
>
> 9. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT
> YOU THIS? um, YES! (what a stupid question!)
>
> 10. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? well, today was rough. I don't like office jobs all
that much, and that's what i've got. But i've had some time to unwind, and i'm
feeling happier now.
>
> 11. FAVORITE DRINK? coffee and tea and the java and me. Sometimes a soy
cappuccino with honey, and if i want a sweet thing, then an almond mocha. mmm.
>
> 12. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? perhaps a godmother sour? (vodka, amaretto, and
sour mix) though a microbrew stout is hard to beat. I also had an incredible
pina colada in Miami. It was made from fresh fruit right there at an outdoor
margarita stand!
>
> 13. FAVORITE SPORTS? to watch or play? to play, it would be ultimate frisbee
or volleyball, and to watch, it would be football and basketball. oh yes. GO
PATS!
>
> 14. HAIR COLOR? Brown. Yup.
>
> 15. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No way, man! (not that i have glasses either)
>
> 16. SIBLINGS AND THEIR AGES? Mark. He's 23. Um, no. 22. 23 in April.
>
> 17. FAVORITE MONTH? October. Holler back, Lee!
>
> 18. FAVORITE FOOD? Oh god. Thai and Indian food, but a good spaghetti can't
be beat sometimes. Or mac'n'cheeze. And i would be lying if i didn't put
chocolate on this list. Cheeze. Lots and lots of cheeze. Broccoli. Mmm.
Foooood.
>
> 19. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Fifth Element.
>
> 20. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Lee said, "Thanksgiving." I don't know if i
can disagree with that. Christmas Eve is wonderful too. Any day i allow
myself to feel the full love that i am surrounded by.
>
> 21. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE
> OUT? Lee said, "I hope I am not asking anyone out....I would be in BIG
TROUBLE. :)" I think that i'll agree with that.
>
> 22. HUGS OR KISSES? Both
>
> 23. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT
> STANDS? Relationships
>
> 24. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO
> WRITE BACK? Yes
>
> 25. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Beats the hell outta me.
>
> 26. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO? Lee, because she sent this to me.
>
> 27. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? apartment sharing a room with Dan, and two other
people (Matt and Laura)
>
> 28. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Horray for Terry Pratchett! I'm
finishing "Hogfather" right now, and i'm about to start "The Davinci Code."
>
> 29. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Well, I have a round green mousepad with the
Hampshire Potleaf, err, TREE on it, but i have a laptop, so i don't use it.
>
> 30. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Dan and i went to see the play, "The
Graduate" compliments of free tickets from a client at work.
>
>
> 31. FAVORITE SMELLS? Christmas trees, snow, autumn, Dan, clean laundry,
garlic, coffee, fresh bread.
>
> 32. CAN YOU TOUCH YOUR NOSE WITH
> YOUR TONGUE? Not generally, but i did once.
>
> 33. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DOG BREED? Labs, but wolves are growing on me.
>
> 34. BUTTERED, PLAIN, OR SALTED
> POPCORN? Buttered with parmesan cheeze
>
> 35. FAVORITE CAR: One that goes. If i had my druthers, i would want a new
bug (in blue, of course), a hatchback saab or volvo, or a pick-up. I'm not
picky.

> 36. FAVORITE FLOWER? i totally agree with Lee's picks - orchids, roses (ddep
classic red for me, though), and wildflowers. I LOVE daisies.
>
> 37. CAN YOU JUGGLE? No, but i used to try a lot.

No comments: