Friday, February 27, 2004

AMENDMENT TO FUTURE GOALS
or
LINDSAY TO TRY HER LUCK AT AMERICAN IDOL


grad school: i want to start in fall of 2005. to be honest, i REALLY want to start in fall of 2004, but i didn't have the money to apply for the schools or register for the GRE's this fall, so it had to wait another year. worse things have happened. a year will zip past. and i suppose it's valuable to have that "real world" experience just so i can really know that there aren't a whole lot of places in this world for me other than the stage, academia, and coffee shops. and only one of those might make me any money. i am, however, going to be sending a tape into american idol as well, because why the hell not?! i can sing just as well, if not better than, all those kids on it now, and if all i have to do is send in a tape to get me started, than sign me up. what is the worst that could possibly happen? i have nerves of steel, and i've stood up to some tough audiences. i could take the brutality.

my dear friend kal-el who is a brilliant film student at emerson college will be filming my audition tape, and my mother actually suggested it. isn't that awesome?! i have been working on creating an image for myself with my co-worker. everyone at work is all into it, and now, so am i. in my head, i have been compiling a list of appropriate songs. i'm thinking the soulfull songs that emphasize my range, vocal control, and above all, ability to belt it out give a damned good performance. i'm thinking some of the more soulfull pieces by joan osborne...and then i'm drawing a blank. HELP! please comment and give me lots of moral support and suggestions on popular enough songs that are appropriate to my voice.

No comments: