Sunday, January 22, 2006

I Just Spent A Hundred Dollars at Whole Foods. But I'm OK with that.

Usually on the weekends, i go hunting around for the cheapest places to get x, y, and z. And i always end up spending a hundred dollars by the end of it, and i've spent at least 2 hours in the car. Today, i simply went to the Whole Foods on River Street in Cambridge, and stayed there until i had everything. And you know what? It wasn't any more expensive than when i try to find everything at the cheapest price. Because they have bulk things there too! And there's parking. Oh, i love parking. And i only spent half an hour in the car roundtrip, including waiting for the car to warm up. It wasn't ALL groceries, either -- i needed things like some beaded string to dangle my reading glasses around my neck, some body lotion i'll be able to bring to Kripalu with me, all sorts of veggies for a soup i'm going to make today, on top of the normal grocery expenses (which for me average about $30 a week). And i got a few pound of walnuts and almonds (the thing i'd usually go to Trader Joe's for because i thought they were cheaper), too. So i felt sheepish when i saw the total bill, and then realized that's what i'd normally spend between three places anyway. So, it's alright. I'm home two hours earlier than i would have been, and now i have the time to take a walk in daylight! YAY!

1 comment:

Lyrica said...

Trader Joe's is my personal favorite. The TJ's brand is comparatively extremely affordable. I just yesterday found these awesome .27 cent fruit leather things. Mmmmm snack time...