Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Iyengar

For all those of you who are tired of reading about me being excited about yoga, "too bad" to you on today's post.

Last week, Q pointed me in the direction of the Art and Soul yoga studio. I may have mentioned that i finally called the owner. As a result, tonight, i spent my evening with Annie Hoffman, owner of the Art and Soul art and yoga studio. At 6:30, we met at the 1369 in Central Square to have tea and talk. We talked about me, mostly -- why i want to become a yoga teacher, where i am at in my life, where i'm coming from, etc. She told me some of her experiences in becoming an Iyengar teacher, etc. She's excited about me going to Kripalu, and later on in the evening, she introduced me as a yoga teacher! Yay! Anyway, tonight was my first formal experience with Iyengar yoga, and i loved doing it. That was a lot of fun. I can totally see the Iyengar influence in Barbara's teachings (my Kripalu instructor) -- it's a precise yoga, paying more attention to alignment -- and it's less hippy-dippy-everything's-perfect than classic Kripalu is. I can see myself benefiting from some studying of the two. Anyway, it was a lovely way to spend the evening, the class flew by, as yoga-ing always does for me, and now it's freakin' 11:00. Bastards.

In non-yoga related news, i think i have successfully fought off IT -- the cold that everyone has. I've had days where i felt worse than others, but today was officially my second full day off painkillers! Thank you, practices in deep breathing and lymphatic massage! (Oops, that's yoga-related. Sorry.)

No comments: