Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Halfway Point

This morning, we all realized that we had finished the halfway point of part one of our yoga teacher training. What can i say? it's been amazing. In between times, i have wonderful conversations with my yoga tribe at the dinner table, or in our rooms, or hanging out in the classroom reserved for us after class has ended, or, and most specially, in the whirlpool or sauna. There is also cold dive next to the whirlpool in case we want to be able to cool ourselves off and then REALLY feel the heat of the hot tub. It's like at Annie's house when we used to go in the outdoor hottub and roll down the hill in the snow! Only it's more comparable to jumping in the ocean directly afterwards... which is actually HARDER than rolling down a hill of snow in your bathing suit. It's been a good time.

I also had a really emotional experience last night where my inner child came out. Whew! That was nuts and i was crying a lot. I knew that was going to have to happen at some point or another. I slept like a LOG last night, and i was even in bed before 11:00! (something to which i aspire tonight as well)

I'm also taking some classes in between morning and afternoon sessions, because while i can get in some free other kinds of yoga, i'll go for it... sometimes. Yesterday i took Vinyasa, which is a yoga that flows from posture to posture, and today i took Danskinetics, which was TONS of fun. It's essentially just putting on music and being given little to no instruction, but the music is loud, and you're moving, and sometimes you have a buddy and sometimes you don't. It's SUCH a joy! I can see it becoming a bigger part of my life.

On the educational side, i've gotten to teach to partners a few times now, including postures, assists, and breathing techniques (pranayama) -- and i'm getting great feedback. It's so good to know that i'm capable of this, and that i AM a yoga teacher!

Well anyway. I should get to sleep. People around here are wondering how i'm managing on sleep deprivation. I just keep telling them it's only half an hour less a day than i'd normally get. I ALWAYS have a hard time getting up anyway!

No comments: