Monday, February 27, 2006

Practice Teach

There is a wonderful group of preschool teachers at the Harvard Business School who like to have yoga after work in their class space. This evening, they tried me on to see how it fits. I really liked them a lot! And they liked me! At least two out of the three of them did. It was nice to start with a small class, because that way i could get to know a couple of them first. I got some feedback after class, and they really liked how i remembered what things had been bothering them and helped them not to hurt themselves. They also really liked how they felt like they were working their bodies, but i gave them enough breaks that it was relaxing. Yay! So, i'm not sure whether i've "got" it or not, but i have to contact the lady who got ahold of me, and we'll see how it goes.

Weekend

The following is an excerpt from an email to Q earlier today.
My weekend was good – Matt and daN picked me up at the Pru on Friday afternoon after having stopped in at Newbury Comics to get some hot tunes for the road – so we got good stuff from our past: Ill Communication by the Beastie Boys, and Whip Smart by Liz Phair. Weee! Both of those are from a long time ago…. Longer than I care to say right now.
J Then we made it up to Portland to Lee and Alan’s house (which is small, but really cute) around 8:00 – the same rough time as Mark and Stef. Stef had to keep going up the coast because she wanted to see her grandmother, but the rest of us brought Mark out to this great bar & grill called The Great Lost Bear, which was really good! Mmmm. We made it back to their place around 11, then the boyz networked their computers for the big day. Lee and I talked. It was so great to catch up! The next day was very full – Lee and I went for a walk on a nearby beautiful little island and then went out for lunch in the Old Port while the boyz were gaming, and then I met my cousin Asa for coffee for a couple hours while the boyz were gaming, and then Lee and I made dinner and caramel bars while the boyz were gaming. I also did yoga a few times in there while the boyz were gaming. Sleep happened, but it could have been better. Yesterday morning, I went to a coffee shop downtown because I needed some time to myself to write in my journal and just be alone for a little while. It was great! It was the same coffee shop that gave me free whipped cream back in the day when we went to see Rustic Overtones at the State Theatre! (were you there?) Anyhoo, I had an espresso and the BEST croissant I’ve ever had. EVER. I mean it. It was GOOD. I went back to Lee and Alan’s where the boyz were finishing up a Magic game, and eventually we all went to Panera so we could eat and go our separate ways. It was a busy weekend, but good.

No comments: