Sunday, January 07, 2007

Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Are you prepared to Rock? (that's a total rip-off from The Presidents of the United States of America)

I'm not. I'm ready for bed. And yet, i'm still awake.

This weekend was good. Actually, this whole week was good. I feel tremendously lucky for a few reasons.
1. I am in a city grand enough to have all these fabulous yoga teachers to learn from, and i still get to teach on the side. I have a job at a Foundation, so people are always happy to hear from us since we give them money.
2. I am going to see LYRICA in Chicago over President's day weekend! WOO HOO! Not only have i never been to Chicago, but i've never properly paid Lyrica a visit. I'm looking forward to it immensely.
3. I had good food this weekend! I made wheat-free focaccia with garlic and rosemary and parm cheese, and it tastes so good dipped in olive oil! I also made the more traditional breadloaf with my standby recipe of oatmeal-spelt.
4. I got to see the one and only Kate Tanski that we all know and love! She and her fellow Kent are travelling back from Maine to Baltimore, and stopped overnight with us. It was wonderful! We ate at Christopher's last night, and then played "Settlers of Katan" this morning. That is really a FABULOUS game. It's hard for me to decide which i like better -- that or "Blockus."
5. I realized that i met my goal for 2006, whether it was a real "resolution" or not -- to get at least $1000 into savings of some sort. And i did! I put $1800 into a 401k! GO ME!

And that's about it.

1 comment:

Karma said...

Do tell - what did you use to make the wheatless focaccia? I need a recipe!