Friday, January 26, 2007

No one can ever say i didn't get anything out of my education.

When I'm in hero pose (a yoga pose, as seen on yogajournal.com), i am otherwise sitting up straight. If one has a lot of hip flexibility, the feet are out to the sides while the ass settles comfortably into the floor.

For those of us who aren't quite there yet (including myself), we need something under our asses so that we don't tear out our knees.

A yoga block stands about 4 inches tall on its shortest side. That puts my ass just a bit too high up off the floor for me to still get the stretch.

Thank goodness for my education.

Last week, I found that my anthology of "From Modernism to Postmodernism" just about right. Today, it was slightly too far down to be comfortable. "LaRousse's Complete French Dictionary" was definitely too tall, but fortunately, I had "Norton's Anthology to English Literature, Volume 2." Slid gingerly under my ass, it afforded me sheer bliss.

No one says i'm paying student loans for nothin'.

2 comments:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

:)

this made me smile- awesome.

Lyrica said...

Me too! And this sounds similar to Jason's excellent use of the phone book and several months of Harper's magazine to hold up the pipes under the sink while he fixed the plumbing. I offered him a particle physics book for that, but he declined due to the risk of moisture ;)