Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanks- and Friendsgiving

I had a lovely time. daN's Aunt Carol and Uncle Ron are gracious hosts of Thanksgiving every year, and i always have a great time. This year was particularly fun, as we did not rush to go catch a movie, but instead stuck around for a while and watched "Hot Fuzz" -- positively delightful. Also, many people stayed as late as we did this year, and that made for a joyous occasion overall.

I got to have Mum for a few ours all to myself on Friday, and it was so much fun! I always have a great time with her, and it was lovely to see her.

Oren stopped by Friendsgiving this year! It was delightful! He was on his way to play at Narrow's Tavern, a bar in Waldoboro on Friendship Street, and he wanted to stop by and say hi at what turns out to have been , yes, the 10th anniversary of Friendsgiving. It was a joyous affair. There were approximately 39 people this year, and i got to have a good deal of wine and tofu pot pie, which Judy made. And let me tell ya -- she makes the BEST vegetarian gravy EVER, and in the tofu pot pie with carrots and potatos...mmm...something about being in heaven.

And all weekend, I didn't feel rushed. That was one of the best parts. The other best part was getting to see so many people who mean so much to me all at once. That's what the holidays are all about.

The End.

P.S. I will be putting up a Christmas tree and decorating soon, but not until it's at least December 1. I just can't bring myself to do it in November.

No comments: