Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am so excited about the holidays. The drama never ends with me, and I wound myself up at the doctor's office with heart palpitations and tachycardia, which is what always happens when I ignore the warning signs my body gives me (like getting really sick) and work through it anyway and don't take any time to chill out. The doctor's order? Chill out.

So I took a day off an enrolled in the company's Christmas play. That was, perhaps, a bad idea, but I'm skipping rehearsal tonight (I told the director) and might end up dropping it altogether.

Imagine me saying all of this and going through all of this with a smile on my face. That's what has happened. I just kind of expected this to all feel like a clusterfuck. However, I've taken the signs for what they mean and have slowed down. That's why I went out for Karaoke on Patty's birthday, drinks on Saturday night, and am missing rehearsal tonight. Missing things is quite uncharacteristic for me, but Iit could grow on me.

I am so thankful for my friends. One of the things that operated as a wake-up call to me was to realize that I have no idea how my friends are doing -- all these people who inspire me all the time. So, that is to say, thank you for inspiring me, and thank you for being my friend. Sorry I've been a sink hole for communications. I hope it won't happen again.

AND, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

AND, HAPPY FRIENDSGIVING!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you, Lindz!