Saturday, January 12, 2008

News Snippets

I have recently (just in the last few days) discovered (well, have been roped into, rather) Goodreads.com. I HIGHLY recommend it. I am having so much fun with it. Maybe it's because I typically enjoy recounting what I have read in the past and getting recommendations from others. Yeah, that's it. Anyway, goodreads.com -- it's grrrreat!

Reflectively: I have really enjoyed being able to work in various locations in Boston Proper and watch how it has changed dramatically over the last few years. It's wonderful getting to see the North End (read, Little Italy) be reconnected to the rest of the city after years of having been separated by I-93. Now that 93 is underground, the area that used to be complex road systems are now blossoming into parks and beautifully landscaped harborside wooden walkways that span the whole of the Boston waterfront from Charlestown to Southie. When I started working at Global Protection a little over 4 years ago, it was an up and coming area of town -- lots of construction, and it looked like a baron wasteland of parking lots. Now, it holds new hotels, gardens, a new Institute of Contemporary Art, little cafes, and the like. Still under construction? Yes. But as promised, it came up. It's been a lot of fun to witness.

No comments: