Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Singing Beach

I went to Singing Beach in Manchester-by-the-Sea yesterday, and it was wonderful. It was the first time I'd taken a vacation day to go to the beach, and you can bet your ass I'll do it again. With a M-F 9-5 job, it's hard to get to the beach when it isn't crowded on the weekends, and I don't go for crowded beaches.

Yesterday, I found the quiet end of the beach and set up camp. I had my beach blanket and arranged the sand in a nice way that felt like a little mini beach chair supporting my back and neck. I went swimming in the ocean a lot, which was a ton of fun (and good exercise, too -- I didn't get winded today when I walked up the 10 flights of stairs at work) and quite relaxing. The sand is so soft that it squeaks underfoot! And I layed there listening to the sounds of the waves crashing over themselves. Bonus: I got in for free because it was before 9:00 am and they hadn't set up camp yet! Score!

All in all, it was just what the doctor ordered. I am a total sun junkie, and being in the sun for 5 hours straight with no break was mood-altering. It almost made it OK that I didn't get any sleep last night because our A/C broke. All in all, it was lovely to have a beach day all to myself.

No comments: