Monday, August 24, 2009

There Will Be Blood

Dan and I finally watched the movie that has been sitting next to our television at the top of our Netflix cue for about two months: There Will Be Blood.

I will say this: they accomplished what they were going for. Watching someone deteriorate -- or watching someone confirm all your suspicions about his unsavory nature -- is uncomfortable. The filmmakers did a wonderful job, and I never need to see it again. Do I recommend it? Well, I don't know. It depends on how up for a movie that shows the grit of oil prospecting and drilling you are, how up for seeing the harsh realities of not-quite-modern life you are, and how up for eerie music you are. If you're up for all that, I'd totally recommend it. Otherwise, steer clear.

Moving on.

1 comment:

Melissa McCue-McGrath, CPDT-KA said...

When they were going on about milkshakes at the end, I was SO waiting for Daniel Day Lewis to say "and my milkshake bring all the boys to the yard."