Thursday, March 11, 2004

The Following Message is Brought to you by Alcohol

Yes, friends, a time comes every once in a while in one's life when it is necessary to crack open the bottle of Bailey's your Dad got for you the last time he came down to visit. And that time came for me today after work. One of the many things that was, well, unpredictable, let's say, about work today was the fact that the computer system was down.... again.... that not being so unpredictable. The unpredictable part was along the lines of getting an update installed soon, and having to operate without it, take phonecalls and orders anyway, try to find every order placed in the last week .... in the customer files. So today, a co-worker and i started going through every sinlge customer file (and we have thousands) to pull and re-enter later any orders/invoices placed since March 4. WOW. This was not, by a longshot, the hardest work day i have ever had. It might have, however, been the most trying, and definitely up there in the Top Three Most Boring. I did get a chance to really talk with our new-ish receptionist, who is a bi-lingual chicana who is a first generation Dominican. She's cool shit. But i was so goddamned fucking bored of the monotony all day that i found myself sympathizing and even identifying with all those people who drink with their spare time because their jobs are too boring. I can now fully understand and appreciate why.

So as soon as i got through the door, i opened the Bailey's and pretty much didn't take my time on two full 8 oz cups of it.

I'm thinking of shaving my legs again soon. Haven't since sometime in early September. Why bother?

Last night Dan and i got to go see "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind" last night -- the new movie with Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey. Holy Shit. See It. It blew my mind, and it really relays the full impact that another human and his/her surroundings has on one's entire being, sub-conscious and all. I wish i could do the movie more justice than that. It had a huge impact on me, perhaps even more on Dan, and it is a brilliant combination, as Dan would say and has said, "of heart wrenching and totally frightening."

That's all for now. I'm going to see if my vegetarian shepherd's pie is cool enough for my darling and i to eat now.

No comments: