Thursday, March 18, 2004

HEAR YE, HEAR YE! I LOVE SNOW! err...but i'm ready for the slush to go away now...

As i was walking out the door yesterday to go to work, i marvelled at the beauty of the snow coated trees and brownstone houses that line Comm Ave. Fortunately, the opportunity was not yet present for slush and calcium chloride to sully my amazement and wonder as it has been in the past here. No, i stood smiling at the white sky, welcoming one of the last spells of winter freshness that is to bless me this year. This morning, i was greeted by the same chilly enchantement that warmed my heart yesterday morning. But alas, it was not meant to last, as the snow is not meant to last. This being the second day of snow's beauty, much of it has had the chance to transform into the city's winter beast -- slush. I walked through a fair share of it this morning on foot from South Station to work. And i realized that now i am ready to part with the winter. I will miss it dearly, for a city really does well in the winter time, aesthetically. However, now i must direct my attentions to the blossoming leaves, prepare myself for the biggest allergy season, and warmly welcome and caress the springtime blessings that come from the earth.

No comments: