Tuesday, June 01, 2004

For those of you who are still reading my blog, i have an interview with the New England Regional Recruiter on Monday morning at 8:30! That's hella early, but hey - i can make it work. I hope it goes well. I spoke with her this afternoon, when she told me she would like to continue the conversation face to face. How did it go? Well, she asked me about my past experience, and that went fine. When she asked "Why Starbucks instead of all the other coffee shops in the area?" I had to be honest for a bit before i could pull something out of my ass that was still true. My first answer was the health insurance and benefits thing. Other than that? I said, "Also, i really like and appreciate the way that Starbucks educates the public about coffee. The marketing is really good (to which she laughed) it has made higher quality coffee a more mainstream thing. Starbucks also does a really good job of educating the public, for those who wish to be educated, about how to buy socially responsible and environmentally responsible coffee." She liked that answer. And the nice thing? It's true! The have done everything that i said they have done. So, go me. Onto the next round. I drive out to meet her on Monday morning. The next challenge is to be myself when i'm with her, to mention that i'm good at keeping morale up without trying to oversell myself to the point where i'm panting, "gimmethajob! GIMMETHAJOB!" Because i do have a job right now, and that also has to mean something. I told her i was very glad to hear from her because i miss working in a coffee shop.

What else? Glasses! I can't believe how much easier it is to see the computer screen!

And that's all.

No comments: