Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Letters

Tonite, i embarked upon an evening of productivity that started with completing the FAFSA as the final step in applying to financial aid for grad school, and culminated in writing thank-you letters to companies whose products/services have been particularly beloved unto me.

The following is excerpted from a letter written by daN and i to Concord Trailways in an expression of gratitude brought on by their incredible service on Christmas Eve:
"The line at South Station was abominably long for boarding one of the morning bus-runs to Portland, and we were convinced we were going to have to take the next bus up. Then, a second bus pulled up as the first one was full. Even still, we were pretty far back and didn’t think we’d make it onto that one either. To our surprise, a third bus pulled in as the second bus was filling. Despite incredibly long lines, Concord Trailways was prepared for the rush, and we made it to Portland on time to meet our ride.
We are grateful for the service Concord Trailways provides, and we always have been. But the service on that day impressed us to the point that we had to write a letter about it to make sure you know that your efforts to serve your customers didn’t go unnoticed."

The following is excerpted from a letter that i wrote to Frito-Lay for their incredible chip with an incredibly short ingredients list -- the Original Frito Corn Chip:
"Only in the past couple of years did it dawn on me why I love the Original Frito so much – there are only three ingredients! I practically advertise for you to all my friends when I pick up bags of Original Fritos in the store and exclaim, “Only three ingredients!” It’s all you need to make a delicious, addictive, and yet totally natural form of food that I feel good about and don’t feel bloated and disgusting after eating like I do with chips that have a list of ingredients that is longer than my Christmas list. Sure, I still love them, as I love the flavored varieties of Fritos. But I always come back to my Original favorite.
So thank you for making a chip that is an honest chip with honest ingredients I can feel good about eating (and can pronounce): corn, corn oil, and salt."

I wrote these letters for two reasons:
1. I like to be a responsible consumer and let the companies know when I'm satisfied with their products so they won't go discontinuing them on me.
2. I'm hoping for coupons.

So go to your favorite company's website, find the "Contact Us" link, and be a responsible, if cheap, consumer.

No comments: