Sunday, January 30, 2005

An Exclusive Two-Part Update!

Publicke Service Notife: Lyrica has this link on her blog. It was too funny for me to not pass along. To all those of you who have lost socks in the laundry (or even shorts) and have wondered, like me, how they show up again later (in the case of my shorts, three years later)(you think i'm kidding, but i'm not. it was really creepy.), check out this site, which explains the Quantum Theory of Laundry.
http://www.laundry-alternative.com/fateofmissingsocks.html


Do-It-Yourself Get-Well-Soon
Some people say that there's something in chicken soup that makes people feel better immediately, and that it can help, if not cure, the common cold. That's all well and good, but i don't eat chicken soup. However, yesterday, as i sat on the couch nursing myself back to health eating a bowl from a huge pot of vegetable soup i had made, a salad consisting mainly of greens and a garlic vinagrette i made myself, and a piece of the molasses millet rye boule that i also made myself, i was proud. There's a great satisfaction that comes from knowing that i made everything i could have possibly made in all those ingredients of my dinner, and it was all delicious. I'm not convinced that it's the chicken part of the soup that makes chicken soup cure the common cold, i think the part of it that's eating something that's all homemade and not containing all kinds of weird stuff your body can't digest that contributes more to wellness. Because i sure am feeling heck of a lot better today.

No comments: