Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Day 2

Here is an exerpt from an email to a recently ex'd co-worker:

"my week is starting off well. it's a big company, so yesterday i had lots of orientation that failed to orient me very well, but today i had a bunch of meetings with the directors i'll be assisting, and i'm starting to get my bearings. i also typed something up for someone, and it was oddly nice to be DOING something. everyone so far is extremely nice, and the corporate environment is funny. apparently, one of the directors said something somewhat inappropriate today that caught people offgaurd. i didn't notice, and one of my trainers brought it up later that afternoon."

I guess after working at a condom company, nothing particularly seems inappropriate, except for joking about the value of human life.

Anyway, i'm enjoying myself. I have all sorts of new toys -- there will be a laptop should i need to bring it home for any reason, and i have a Blackberry! It has brickles :) What else? I will probably be doing more next week, like taking over some reports processing, etc. But for the time being, i'm still just absorbing everything about the program (which is pretty complicated) and enjoying the freebees there. Everyone in the GATE program went out to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen in the Pru today, and i got soup and salad. It was great! It was also nice to have a social setting in which to meet them all, and we mostly talked about '80's movies. I was glad that one of the directors asked me if i had any funny condom stories.

No comments: