Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bally's Total Triumph

Hey there! Well, tonight i auditioned for a teaching position at Bally's Total Fitness -- teaching yoga, of course. At first, i wouldn't be on the schedule all that often, and to be honest, the pay is crap, and they know it, but it appears that they are really nice there. Additionally, they LOVED me. And i do mean love. It was so nice to have people coming up after class thanking me profusely, some having never taken yoga before, some having taken lots of yoga and this being exactly what they wanted, yada yada happiness! Long story short, they're going to try accellerating my new hire paperwork to get me through the door as soon as they can. Woo! Another solid prospect! This is a good sign. It doesn't pay well, but last time i checked, getting paid at all is going to be a good thing!

In other news, things at work have gotten even weirder. This is a very good time to be leaving FM. My boss' position got consolidated into a new guy's position, so this week they are transitioning. New guy was not aware that managing our team was going to be part of his job, and it's a marvellously complicated product that our team has. So next week, we're going to have a strategy session, present it to New Guy, see what he thinks, so that there is some semblance of direction for the team. I'll be leaving at a good time. I keep hearing that left and right from all corners of the earth. So this week, I say goodbye to the person who hired me, and none of us thought he'd be leaving. Weird.

AND, daN and i netflixed "Winged Migration," and it is the PERFECT movie to curl up on the couch and snuggle and fall asleep to. We hope to watch the second half sometime this weekend. I *almost* think it would be nice to play in the background falling asleep. Listening to squawking and chirping birds fly around flapping their wings through Nature is so soothing :)

And... still thinking of going to Italy in September with the Watiers...against my better judgement? We'll see. If i can start pulling in the money i'll need to survive sooner than later, i'll have this whole chunk of savings to use for international travel and Christmas money... which is REALLY my goal. But, if i need to use it for getting by, then that's what i'll do.

So many things to update about, so much going on. What else? Flying to Philly the weekend of July 8th, because one of my college friends -- Ariana -- is getting married! I'll be teaching her and her bridesmaids yoga the morning before the wedding, and then GOING to the wedding, hopefully having a marvellous time, and continuing on to see Patty! YAY! Things are good. I'll see two great friends in one weekend! And see a new place! Now i just have to get out to Chicago and Denver sometime. I've got friends there, too.

No comments: