Sunday, June 11, 2006

Lovely Weekend.

This weekend, Judy came to town! So daN, Kal-El and i checked out the Picante Mexican Grill in Central Square, which was OK... but the beans and rice were both tremendously delicious! Mmm. We hung out all together playing Dr. Mario and laughing tiredly about ridiculous things (jolly good time) until around 12:15 or so, at which point daN and i went to bed, and Judy and Kal went downtown to hang out at a bar.

First off, Saturday began with daN waking me up a little after 10am. Yes, left to my own devices, i will still sleep that late, and later. I wonder when i would have woken up if daN hadn't come in. Thank god he did! We had a lot to do. daN and i worked all day yesterday. Yes, all day. He's been working on my website, and i've been working on content for it. I also made some decisions about equipment to order, how i'd like to get paid, that sort of thing. I'm having a good time with it! Now i just have to make some posters, business cards, and that sort of thing... of course, posters will have to wait until i get a schedule nailed down per location.

At any rate, Razz came over at one point and allowed for some break from the work. We all chilled together for a while, but eventually, i went back to writing website content while the boys played Civ 4. It was good! Reminded me a bit of college -- people hanging around computers doing their own thing, coexisting nicely. Eventually, it was time for him to go and for us to do some grocery shopping, so we did that while bringing him home. THEN, i made dinner! YAY FOOD! It's REALLY good and i'm looking forward to doing a pita sandwich with it in about 20 minutes. I made some beat greens, and then the kicker was a wild rice and black beans combo with stir-fried onions, celery and carrots dumped in, seasoned with salt, pepper, and tahini (sesame butter, essentially). OH DELICIOUS. I topped it off with some dried cranberries, and that completed the meal in a lovely way. It will taste so good in a pita, too! Mmm. I must be hungry.

ANyway, daN and i (mostly daN) worked late into the night on my site, and Judy got in around midnight. So, Judy and i went for a short walk before all crawling into bed around 1. This morning, we woke up around 7:30, and i did gentle morning yoga with Judy. It was marvellous! Then we had a great breakfast complete withyummy coffee drinks (daN had a hot chocolate, Judy had a mocha, and i had a soy cappuccino -- i have TOTALLy gotten my money's worth out of my 1970 La Pavoni Europiccolo chrome lever-pull espresso machine) and granola with kamut puffs.

Speaking of crazy food, i have realized recently that i like to eat basically macrobiotically. So yes, i guess i am officially almost one of those macrobiotic nuts who i used to call crazy. I am obviously not religious about it, but it turns out that's just the diet that makes me feel best. Do i still eat chocolate? Hell's fuck yeah.

OK, time to get working again. I certainly haven't got all day, and i DEFINITELy want to get outside and walk in the sun that's shining outside for a long walk!

No comments: