Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Flurry Begins

i have two interviews tomorrow (thursday!) weeeeeeee! i am excited. they are both at architectural firms that also do urban planning and sustainable design! woot! one is through laura (my friend the staffing agent), and the other is through beacon hill staffing (they
remembered me as being hard to replace. when i was on the phone with them, they said, "wait ... are you, yeah, you're THE lindsay! first marblehead couldn't stop talking about how great you are!). i also had a phone interview this morning with houghton mifflin publications in the international relations division, and it looks like they want to bring me in sometime next week when the SVP gets back from germany. so, beacon hill staffing is working out. and so is laura. YESSS. i've got another interview at harvard next week as well. so, i think i'm in a good position.

in related news, today, the boss asked me about full time work at FM again. i told him i'd think about it, and we agreed on next friday as a deadline (he has some spots to fill). i was candid and let him know my reservations about working under this regime in a student loan company, the frustrations faced with the resources available to my team at work -- i don't think that creative thinking and problem solving is actually encouraged at FM because it means spending money. so... that having been said, i let him know that in order for me to return full time, i would need the bonus and to be able to work from home a day or two a week. but, i don't think that i'll be doing that after all -- not after all the great interviews i'll be going on. it's clear to me that i'd be happier in a place that's more creative.

with all this interviewing coming up, i needed a suit, so i bought two today. it would have otherwise cost me about five hundred bucks, but the wonderful women at ann taylor got out their calculators and used their knowledge of the system and ran separate transactions to help me get the best deal possible. i walked out paying about three hundred seventy. whew! they're good! and my suits look fantastic :)

well, that's it from here. so much more, but i won't bore you. i'm going up to maine this weekend, which should be good, and i'll see both of my parents' new respective houses and celebrating couple of birthdays :) that should be fun.

No comments: