Monday, October 02, 2006

Recent Topics

Loose ends and whatnot:

1. No go on the architecture job. It turns out they were looking for a candidate with more years of experience. Ah well. I loved that place, but so it is.
2. I have not yet heard back from the land policy institute, but from what i can tell, the interview went well. I plan on giving them a call after this.
3. ...erm, that about says that part of it.

This weekend was nice, if uneventful. On Saturday, we had a lazy morning until we mustered up the go-go-em to drive down to the Arboretum area of Jamaica Plain, because we are vaguely considering buying a condo down in that area. I could still take the T into to the city to get to work, and it would shave about, oh, 20 minutes off daN's drive. And fortunately, we seem to have been been very comfortable there -- there were some cute restaurants, easy access to the modern conveniences, and the BEAUTIFUL walkway along the Jamaica Pond, not to mention the Arnold Arboretum... it was lovely, and i found myself getting excited about the prospect of living in that area. The thing is, we LOVE it here. We really love it. But if daN ends up staying at the Sage in Foxboro for another couple years (which he'll most likely know about in the spring) then it makes sense to buy something, and it also makes sense to do that in a place that would allow him to save a LOT of driving time, but would still be T accessable so we didn't have to buy another car. At the same time, we want to live somewhere that we feel as comfortable as we feel in the Somerville area. It's great here. So, we'll see. There were a lot of hippies and babies and families in JP, so it will be on my mind.

Anything else, I don't think so. I'll be going into First Marblehead a lot this week -- good for me and for them. I need the money, and they desperately need the help.

Well, i should go check my now thrice-baked carrot cake. It has been acting more like a pudding, and i'm thinking that in hindsight, it should have gone in two separate baking pans. Well i was making a half recipe! How was i to know it would still behave this way?!?

No comments: