Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The WeeK oFF

This week, as i might have mentioned in the last post, i am taking off. Explicitly. Well, i worked yesterday teaching my last noon Monday class at Bally's, and i also went to teach yoga to my preschool teachers at Harvard. Today, though, the only thing i did that resembled "work" was going to get my badge and picture taken for Fidelity. Other than that, i've been making juice for my raw juice fast and drinking it. Yes, that's right, another raw juice fast. I figured i'd do a cleanse before starting a new job, and i've been wanting to do a juice fast again for a while. What better time than when i'll be sitting around all day anyway tempted to eat all day? I remember from my last one that my favorite juices were the carrot-orange-beet juice and the pineapple-grapefruit juice. I also recall that the homemade vegetable broth was invaluable, as was extra soymilk and ricemilk. So i stocked up accordingly, and have been enjoying it very much. Today is day one. I think i'll do two and a half days.

Tomorrow, i am going to get my hair done (having some highlights again, though not quite so bright this time) and will be using a gift certificate that i got for a massage. And i can have them both done at the same place! Woot!

Thursday, i'll be taking an early (8:00am) bus out to Lenox where i will luxuriate at the Kripalu Center for slightly over 24 hours. I'm not getting a massage or anything there -- just the basic package -- dorm sleeping for one overnight's stay, and all the yoga, meditation, walks through the Berkshire forest down to the lake in the autumnal air, and delightful hippy food that i can squeeze in. I'll most likely have three or four yoga classes, definitely will be going to the morning yoga, and will delight in the sauna. Yes, all inclusive. Not bad for $130. Too bad the bus ticket is so much. Ah well.

But i deserve it. For a while, i was feeling guilty about spending the cash. And then i remembered -- it's been a while since i've just plain old been good to myself. Yes, i bought clothing. I HAD to. Nothing i had fit anymore, and i needed something that would look smashing at interviews. This is me treating myself for a week before i start a new job. A real chance to refresh myself and start off on the right foot. YAY! How exciting.

No comments: