Monday, December 22, 2003

A Christmas Wish
Happy Holidays


I just read my friend 's blog and realized that my priorities for posting tonite were in the wrong place. This is not the time of year for bitching and moaning, though a lot of people take plenty of opportunities for it.

However. Christmas is very important to me. Not the Christ part, because i really don't care. It works for some people, and i'm really glad about that. If i were to select a religion that were closest to my beliefs, it would be a cross between Buddhism for the philosophy and Judaism for the community -- both for the ritual. But the joyous spirit of Christmas -- the colors of deep reds and greens and the festivals of lights, the smiles on people's faces when they see the breathtaking change in decor, and the beautiful Christmas music that sings to my soul in its familiar cantor and chime -- those are among the many treasures of the Christmas season that touch me. But it's enjoying those things with loved ones that i cherish the most. I wish you all (once again, all two of you, thanks for reading) the happiest of holidays. The merriest of Christmases, the happiest of Channukahs, and the Festive-est of Festivus (It's for the Rest of Us!) (Thank you, Seinfeld.)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: