Wednesday, December 17, 2003

So here it is. At some point in one's life, one must finally concede to the trends, and now as a young adult hippie-turned-bookkeeper/office assistant, I will commence with my first online journal. (Alors, je vais commencer avec l'ecrivant.) Those of you readers (both of you, I'm sure) who feel persuaded to read this must be forewarned that I will occassionally (oh no! not a split verb!) write things in French sometimes. Sorry.

A day in the life of a bookkeeper/receptionist may or may not be so interesting to the common folk, unless you like to hear about condoms and all the jokes we actively AVOID making at the workplace. And a lot of times, work is really fun because of what we all know we're chosing NOT to say. However, work was really fun today in a mostly honest sort of way. For whatever reason, everyone was in a pretty good mood, and we cracked the jokes. Furthermore, i started off my day on the right foot: plenty of Moxie (Moxie Makes Mainers Mighty!) followed by plenty of Rock City Coffee. (warning number two: i have a stinking fuckton of Maine pride including but not limited to, real Maine products. And i don't just mean lobsters and lobster necklaces and little lighthouse figurines.)

However, I must take my leave of this vile desk and start working on my Christmas present stuff. Perhaps getting rid of the bra would be a good incentive to move.

No comments: