Friday, January 28, 2005

Home Sick

So you know how i wrote in my last issue that i was afraid i was coming down with something and couldn't stop coughing? I'm home sick today, and i went home from work yesterday early. Actually, i went to the doctor's, and they gave me some cough medicine with codeine in it, because i hadn't been able to sleep for the previous 3 nights because i'd been awake coughing all night. The codeine is to help me sleep through it, and it's working. I slept yesterday from 3pm-8pm, and then again from 11 last night till 10 this morning, and i got up to eat. I've been reading magazines and doing email, and then i'm going to go to sleep again. I'm not feeling any better, which makes me so glad i came home and didn't go into work. Can you imagine how i'd feel if i hadn't been getting all this sleep?

On the other hand, it's been quite nice to have the time to putz around on the internet non-committally, because i have the attention span of a puppy right now. I can just sit here for hours. Although i guess it's only been one. I think i'm going to write a letter pretty soon here to an old friend, and then maybe even go back to sleep. I guess i should eat again though before i do. What should i eat? An omelette? I haven't really had any protein for days, so it would be a good idea to have some egg. Maybe i'll add some fresh basil and broccolo, and top it off with feta and red onions. Mmm. Sounds good. Let's see if i can remember that. Tea water is boiling again. Gotta go.

P.S. Incidentally, i am totally enthralled with my Trillian upgrade's new features. There are many exciting new features, but the crowning achievement of them all is that in a conversation, some of the words are lightly underlined. When you hover over them, it gives you the Wikipedia definition! It's so cool! Learning about stuff as i type along! I love passive learning.

No comments: