Saturday, January 15, 2005

I am officially a wino...

...but a cheap one. Allow me to back up. Today, Q and i loaded up early (well, ok, early for Saturday, which is 10) and went to Krispy Kreme, hung out for a while eating donuts and drinking coffee (that i got for free from the manager because he didn't have more than half a cup of the kind that i ordered! Exciting! I saved a buck-29! But it was really the gesture that made me happy). We then went to good old dingy Allston to bring some clothes to the thrift store there, and we ended up scoring! Q scored bigtime and got a full-length navy coat for twenty bucks! I informed her that I was going to buy her a new winter coat if she didn't, because the one she had wasn't warm enough. She was so excited, and so was i. And it looks fantastic on her.

I scored too -- new summer nighty, a tape of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, a Pottery Barn Christmas album, a GAP button up white shirt, and a small black belt for $11. Not too shabby! We hit up the GAP outlet in Watertown where i intended to and succeeded in spending down the rest of my GAP gift card from my Dad. I got two great sweaters! One bright orange and V-neck, one a deep plum with one of those classy side button floppy collars. OK, so i don't know how to talk about fashion, but i can recognize it most of the time.

Then we went to Trader Joe's... where i loaded up on seven, count-em, seven bottles of wine. But with the exception of one that cost $4.99, they were all $3.99. I found a kind of wine that i love and actually had to ask a clerk to help me find that's super inexpensive, but suits my tastes just right. I picked up a few bottles of that. It's La Boca Malbec. From what I recall, it's kind of fruity with a medium body, but has a heavy aroma at the end. Very tasty. There were also some others I wanted to try such as the Cabernet Sauvingon-Shiraz blend, and some Abrazo del Toro, and stuff. We'll see how i like it. I figured that the only way i can afford to drink wine as often as i like is to get it at Trader Joe's, and i don't have a car to get there, so i'd just load up. Hey - I got paid yesterday.

No comments: