Monday, September 11, 2006

Apples!

I've been engaging in illicit activities with apples lately. But not in their pure form. I've been using them. Oh yes, using them.

It all started with the apple crisp with the freshly picked apples a couple weeks ago. I couldn't stop there. I had more apples, and i intended to be creative with them, to use them to my liking. And the apples liked it too. I no less than curried them. It was a spectacular vision of an apple with the slightly sweet and spicy curry, tart with early fall apples. Young and firm. I soon had to announce my apple love to the world! And the world said: "ok, that's cool. You can do lots with apples." And i didn't feel quite so weird about it anymore. It's the fall and i love cooking with apples!

After burning my first batch of apple sauce from inattention, my heart did not sink. I was strong, and maintained that i would soon make a batch of apple sauce to beat the band: creamy, smooth, tart, and yet, not so tart. Simple. Today, i did just that. And let me tell ya. It was worth it.

by the way, the interview went *really* well this morning. When i told a yoga student of mine who works at Harvard about how soon i had an interview (i applied a little after Labor Day), she said, and i quote, "FANTASTIC! I have *never* heard of such blinding speed before :)" and later refered to it as being "so unusual as to be a very good sign." It not only made me laugh, but gave me hope. I got along well with the hiring manager as well as the other folk, and had a good time. Keep your fingers crossed, and i'll keep you posted.

No comments: