Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Cat's Out of the Bag

Well, now my employers know that i need more money, and i'll go looking for it elsewhere if i need to. I sat down with my HR manager and told him the financial situation i'm in, which is that yes i did in fact recently go to Paris, but the whole trip cost me about $850, and it took me five months to save up for it because of all my other expenses combined with the fact that $13/hr doesn't go very far in Boston when you are reliant upon the T to get you everywhere (it costs way more to live by the T). I told him that i have to get a car, and that it would also be nice to take a chunk out of credit card debt before entering school, so i have to make those priorities. I told him the truth: i don't want to leave, but i need a whole lot more money in order to stay. He seemed very sympathetic, and talked to the president in private. I don't know anything yet, but i do know that something is in the air, and now they know, and the receptionist is also leaving, and they don't want to lose us both at the same time. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, i am applying for jobs online left and right, because it takes a WHILE to find a job. Even if i don't take them, i have to start applying now if i'm serious about getting a car.

In other news, daN and i are going to the Improv Asylum tonite with Laura and Dave! One of daN's kids at school has a mother who works as a bookkeeper for Improv Asylum, so she gave him 2 comp tickets. Dave and Laura have been before, and wanted someone to go with again, so this worked out wonderfully! I'm looking forward to it.

And now, i think i'm going to go out for a nice day. Nice-ish, anyway. I would prefer it if it weren't raining. I have to pick up a tamper for my espresso maker (no, it hasnt arrived yet), and i also want to hang out at Cafe Paradiso in Harvard Square and write in my journal and stuff. I might also want to swing by Filenes to exchange some powder for some foundation. Hmmm. So much to do, so little motivation to leave the house.

No comments: