Saturday, March 05, 2005

Earl-Eye in the Morrrnin'

DaN has taken off to go celebrate what very well may be one of his brothers' 30th birthdays today. Frankly, i just wasn't up for another trip to Maine involving only family, least of all this weekend. I just got back from Paris! I'm still getting used to my life here. But i wanted to follow him around and eat cereal with him before he left, and he left at 7:00. So here i am at 7.30 on a Saturday morning drinking my metamucill*[see below] watching my bids on ebay.

Soooo... last night a part of my beloved stovetop cappuccino machine kicked the bucket. You can buy this part for ten bucks, but i am not in the mood for paying MORE for something that cost me $85 to begin with (ok, so i got a 15% discount for working at the place i got it from, ooh, 10 dollars) only a year and a half ago. Therefore, told them so on the "contact us" page. I gave them the address where to send a new part for free. But then i got looking around in the page at all those other fun coffee things, and it's so expensive to buy what i REALLY want to buy http://www.koffeeklatsch.com/products_lapavoni_epc8.asp new, so i decided to look on ebay. (new, over $500, used, i vowed to myself that if i saw it for u8nder $200 i would bid and not feel guilty no matter what. Coffee makes me happy.

So there it was on ebay last night for $155. Wow! I bid. The other bidder's highest bid was $175, and so i bid up to $185. I was in the clear. Now it's up to $197.50, so i don't know. There's only 5 hours left. So i bid on another one ending in 7 hours that's only at $150, so we'll see. I might come out of this a poorer woman with an expensive professional espresso machine that i've been wanting for YEARS. Seriously guys, this machine is my quarter-life crisis Mercedes.

[* All that rich food in France really did a number on my ability to digest anything. There's a reason that i tend to avoid eating a lot of wheat and sugar. Let's just say that it's hard for a vegetarian in France to have much else. (A vegetarian tourist without a kitchen, anyway.)]

No comments: