Friday, March 17, 2006




Off to Kripalu

Last time i went, the Bogs brought me to South Station so i could catch a bus that would bring me out to Lenox in roughly four hours, after accounting for the 45 minute wait at the Springfield terminal. Today is St. Patrick... i mean, Evacuation Day (a state holiday that the Irish rallied to have celebrated as the day the British evacuated.... and it just so happens to correspond with St. Patty's day, not that that had anything to do with it...) so Massachusetts state workers (my lovely daN among them) have today off in celebration of ... Evacuation Day.

At any rate, you don't see me complaining -- i'd take it off too, and in fact, i have, and daN is driving me out to Kripalu today in a relaxed way so we can be together longer. It's been a lovely morning -- we got up relatively early (7:30) and brought our car to the dealership for #2 of three free oil changes, walked around in the old neighborhood a bit (man, is Allston a dump) grabbed some snacks at the Whole Foods in Brookline, and swung by the bank. Now i'm sitting here at the dining room table with my laptop set up, importing more music onto my iTunes, and drinking a cappuccino i just made. This beats the bus.

I am SO EXCITED about Kripalu. I'm totally psyched about having their apple crisp, and the Sausalito Spice Tea, and the sauna, and the new friends i've met there, and the yoga. Oh, the yoga. I'm so excited about 4:15 yoga today! (yes, AFTERNOON.)

Life is good.

No comments: