Thursday, March 30, 2006

Systems Recovery

Whew! Thank god i went back to Kripalu! The long and short of it is, i found out the hard way what happens when a person goes from meditating several times a day to not at all... i think i freaked out a lot in the two weeks before going back to Kripalu. Suffice it to say that i meditate while i walk to and from the T now, as well as up to the Pru, and just before bed. And so far, though it's only been a few days, i do feel like my lessons are sticking.

The short version of the fully culminated second session at Kripalu is that i have a meeting with one of my teachers when i get back to talk about future possibilities involving me at Kripalu. He just so HAPPENS to be the Director of Professional Training, so that can't be a bad guy to have on my side. The most wonderful about how this came about is that they think i'm doing such a great job, that he was excited when i told him i wanted to me involved. Literally excited. I love having so many doors opening in front of me! We'll see what happens ... :)

The other thing i have to say is that daN is the sweetest boyfriend on this planet, and other guys should take lessons from him on how to be a good boyfriend. Not only did he come to pick me up, but he greeted me with a gift of three CD's i've been jonesing for for a while (and if you know daN and i, you know we don't buy cd's terribly often, so it's always a special thing anyhow) -- Tegan and Sara's "So Jealous," Billy Joel's "The Stranger," and Massive Attack's "Mezzanine." AND, he also brought a receipt that he saved from his previous night's grocery shopping excursion, which included soymilk, POM, and other vegetables and things preventing me from having to do any grocery shopping when i got home! daN is the best. That, and it was so nice to kiss him :)

Work has been really good this week. People are, as usually, letting me ease in at my own pace, and i've been jumping into cool places i want to go. Today, another department administrator and i went to an offsite afternoon conference for our online client management tool, and it was SO COOL! I learned so many amazing things about its wireless capability (and wireless capabilities in general) and there was wine, cheese, fruit, etc provided afterwards. And it was a BEAUTIFUL day, so we walked back together. Not bad. And this morning, i really took at my own pace, i left half an hour late, and i made it to work about 12 minutes after i usually do.

The other great news is that i'm really feel as though i'm hitting a stride with my teaching style now, as well as with assists, visually being able to tell things about alignment on students, and other things that help make me a good yoga teacher. YAY!

Last night, we had a small shindig here in Somerville! Lyrica was in town last night, so there was a small but special congregation of Lyrica and some regulars who are near and dear to my heart -- this extended family of mine that allows this area to be a home. I'm so grateful for all i have in my life. So many good things.

No comments: